Is it too hot for my dog?
How uncomfortable does this heat wave make you? Have you considered how it might be affecting your pets as well?
Here are 5 quick tips to keep your pets cool and safe this summer:
1) Make sure they have easy access to shade and water at all times. Put extra water bowls out for them in case one gets knocked over!
2) Avoid strenuous exercise! Go for a gentle walk early in the morning or in the evening when it is cooler.
3) Be cautious walking on concrete or bitumen. Hold your hand on the ground for 5 seconds - if it's too hot for you, then it's too hot for them!
4) Make ice blocks! Use food treats or toys to keep them entertained as they melt.
5) Allow them to come inside and share the fans or air conditioning with you!